Job losses and redundancies are quite common at present. If you have been made redundant or lost your job during 01 March 20 to 30 October 20 due to COVID 19 you may be eligible for the COVID-19 Income Relief Payment. You can get up to 12 weeks of payments, to help with living costs after a sudden job loss
- Job loss due to COVID 19
- During period 01 March 20 to 30 Oct 20
- a New Zealand citizen or a resident with a residence class visa
- normally living in New Zealand
- 18 years old or over, or a financially independent 16- or 17-year-old
If in a relationship
- You will not qualify for the Income Relief Payment if you have a partner earning $2,000 or more in wages or salary each week, before tax.
You will not qualify if you
- get a redundancy payment of $30,000 or more, before tax
- get or used to get private income protection insurance payments for the job you lost
- are getting weekly earnings-related compensation from ACC or Veterans’ Affairs
- left your job for another reason or you still have a job
If you were self employed
you may be able to get the Income Relief Payment if:
- your business is no longer viable, with no upcoming work or income, because of COVID-19, and
- you meet the qualifying criteria.
If you have received, or you’re waiting for approval for a loan from the Small Business Cashflow Loan, you are not eligible for the Income Relief Payment.
Rate of Payment – You don’t need to pay tax on this payment.
The Income Relief Payment is paid for up to 12 weeks while you don’t have a job.
- $490 per week if you were previously working 30 hours or more a week
- $250 per week if you were previously working 15 hours to 29 hours a week.
- The Income Relief Payment will stop after you’ve had 12 weeks of payments, or if your situation changes and you no longer qualify.
- While you’re getting the Income Relief Payment, you may also be able to get help with some of your living costs or urgent costs. It depends on your situation and income.
To apply please click the following link
Your team at Roberts & Associates